Phone: 722-2226 x 6032
Room # 704
The best way to reach me is by email or call the office and leave a voice message
Bloomz: Please sign up for Bloomz a great way to get reminders from your child's team teachers - Invite sheets are sent home with students or you can email to request an invitation code
Grade Scale/Weighting System:
90 - 100 = A
80 - 89 = B
70 - 79 = C
60 - 69 = D
59 and below = F
Homework - 15%
In-Class Assignments - 20%
Tests/Quizzes - 35%
Projects - 30%
- Bachelor of Arts from the University of Cincinnati: B.A., Psych.
- Bachelors of Science from the University of Cincinnati: B.S., Elem Ed.
- Masters of Education from the Nova Southeastern University: M. Ed.
- Teacher at Goshen Middle School for 17 years
Science Course Goals:
- Develop scientific critical thinking skills.
- Extend and encourage reasoning skills to come up with answers and conclusions.
- Encourage students to become engaged with non-fiction text (through modeling and by providing necessary skills and opportunities), making meaning and real world connections.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how living systems function and interact with the physical environment.
- Provide students with opportunities to collaborate with peers as investigative scientist.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the composition of physical systems as well as their concepts and principles.
- Recognize that science and technology are interconnected.
- Gather and analyze information using scientific inquiry.
Science Course of Study:
- Populations and Organisms
- Properties of Matter
- Conservation of Matter
- Transfer of Matter
- Energy Transfer
- The Water Cycle
- Ocean Currents and Global Patterns of ocean water
- Phases of the moon
Helpful Websites for the School Year:
Click BELOW to go to Progress Book:
Check grades, homework and much more. Registration Keys for new PB accounts can be requested from the GMS front office. Please email: email@example.com
Click BELOW to go to Pro-Core:
Pro-Core Web is available to practice test taking skills and to check for content understanding at home.
Click BELOW to go to Discovery Education online digital science textbook
password: Pro-Core number